What we believe
- The Bible is God's Word, the final authority for faith and life, 2 Tim 3:16.
- Jesus Christ is the unique person of the universe, the God - Man "God manifest in the flesh" 1 Tim. 3:16. Being equal with both God and man He is the only true mediator between God and man. 1 Tim 2:5
- Christ came to suffer and to die for the sins of the world, John 3:16; Heb. 2:9; 1 John 2:2. The sacrifice of Himself in our place on the Cross was complete and totally adequate to satisfy God the Father's righteous standards so that God is no longer holding man's sins against him, 2 Cor 5:19. Therefore, no sin remains to be removed by our works, our sincerity, or by church membership, rites, sacraments or rituals since Christ has already paid the penalty for our sin on the cross almost 2000 years ago.
- Faith, since it is absent of any works, is the only grace way to respond to God, Heb. 11:6, and upon faith in Jesus Christ one receives from Him a full, free pardon and the gift of eternal life, John 3:16; Rom. 4:5,16; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal 2:16.
- When one recognizes that they are a sinner, and therefore in need of salvation, when one receives Christ by faith several important things occur. He is born again or regenerated by the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:5. He is entered into union with Christ by the Holy Spirit, that is, baptized by Holy Spirit, 1 Cor 12:13. All are the work of God for the one believing, not the result of some emotional experience.
- Jesus Christ is coming again for His own, that is believers, John 14:3; 1 Thes. 4:18.
- God will one day, in the future, judge the world. Rev. 20:11f