The Brain Soul Complex
DOCTRINE: OLD SIN NATURE (Part 4)
5. The Nature and function of the Sin Nature in fallen mankind.
a. Even as spiritual death reigns because of the imputation of A.O.S. to the sin nature, so the sin nature reigns over the Real You in the sphere of spiritual death
Rom 5:17a "for if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one." also cf. Rom 5:21a "sin (sin nature) reigned in death".
1. The personal sins flowing from the sin nature of any one is the overt proof that the sin nature is reigning over the Real You. Rom 6:16-21
2. Spiritually dead mankind is born with the sin nature as ruler of life (Rom "though you were slaves of sin").
3. Spiritually dead man only produces sins and human good and has an affinity for false doctrine.
4. Satan rules mankind through the sin nature dominating and influencing the BC (Jn. ).
5. Via the resulting programming Satan loads the BC, through the sin nature with his philosophies, counterfeits and evil.
- the mataiotes the emptiness within sucks in the false of all kinds
6. Variations exist but all mankind is genetically in Adam and therefore under the influence of Satan (1 Jn. "the whole cosmos lies in the evil one").
What this emphasizes is that Satan, holds a dominating influence over those in the world as a usurper of authority, one who operates with tyrannical authority, organizing and orchestrating the operation of the Kosmos to express his own rebellion and hatred against God.
7. So man's link to Evil & the Evil One is through the sin nature's lust pattern. Eph.2:1-3
- "inventors of evil" Rom
- Rem: evil is anything that falls into the policy and plan of Satan
8. The affinity for human good is seen in 1 Jn 3:12:
"not as Cain, who was of the evil one, (through genetics, sin nature rulership and neg. vol.) and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds (sal. by wks.) were evil and his brother's were righteous."
9. The affinity for false BD: Eph 4:14
- illustrates just how helpless we are without DVPT providing the insight and discernment needed to deal with all the false doctrine
b. Further general observations on the collective impact of the sin nature:
1. There has been increased sin nature activity since the giving of the Mosaic Law (Ro 5:20 "and the Law came in (1446 B.C.) and the transgression (collective sing) abounded all the more." cp. Rom 7:5).
2. Sin nature is hostile to all Divine viewpoint (Ro.8:7 "because the mind set on the flesh (Real You taking its cues from sin nature under neg.vol.) is hostile toward God."
3. Sin nature cannot of its own accord and trend handle DVPT 1 Cor 2:14
4. Sin nature deceives the Real You when it rules (Ro "for sin....deceived me";
5. The sin nature cannot adjust to or please God. (Rom 8:8 "and those that are in the flesh cannot please God"
6. The One Exception to the Sin Nature in Mankind.
a. The humanity of Christ is the exception (2 Cor ).
"He (Father) made Him (Christ) who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become (Ph1) the righteousness of God (Imputation of +R at SAJG) in Him (pos/truth)".
1 Jn 3:5 "And you know that HE appeared in order to take away the sins, and in Him is no sin. (sin nature out of which flows personal sin)
b. The way Christ avoided the sin nature contamination was by the virgin conception.
1. While the woman is a carrier of the sin nature she is not a transmitter; this was biologically established by God since the woman sinned in ignorance and Adam in cognizance (1 Tim -15).
2. The man then transmits the sin nature as seen in the fact Jesus had a female parent but "not" an actual male parent.
3. Mary was a carrier of the sin nature, committed personal sins, and needed salvation (Lk.1:47 "and my spirit rejoiced in God my Savior").
4. As in all conceptions Mary had the 23 chromosome cell, the ovum, which had to be genetically pure, so that Jesus' humanity could by-pass the sin nature genes and its contamination.
5. God the Holy Spirit contributed the 23 male chromosome cells, that is the sperm for conception.
6. The mechanics of the woman having uncontaminated 23 chromosome ovum is a process known as meiosis.
7. Every normal female produces one such cell a month.
8. So the Holy Spirit provided 23 perfect chromosomes for Mary's 23 perfect chromosomes. (46 is the number in each body cell.)
9. The baby in the womb was therefore perfect genetically while being true humanity. Lk. ,35; Mat ,18,20
10. Adam was created perfect while Christ was born perfect. Heb.10:5 "....a body You have prepared for Me."
11. Without the indwelling sin nature it was impossible for God to impute AOS to Jesus and therefore He was given a human spirit and soul.
12. Conclusion: Christ was uniquely born (Jn 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born son" monogenh,j - only born; uniquely born; cf. Jn 1:14,18; Heb 11:17; 1 Jn 4:9
Word is technical and means unique. If used of parents with one child it means "only child": Lu ; ; .